City of Thousand Oaks
www.toaks.org • (805) 449-2100
Roll-Off and Temporary Bins
Click here for details on renting roll-off containers and temporary bins.
Household Hazardous Waste Recycling
For information on how Thousand Oaks small-business owners can dispose of their hazardous waste, visit the Ventura County Public Works Department at vcpublicworks.org/wsd/iwmd/hazardouswaste/.
- HHW includes oil-based paints; pool and photo chemicals; pesticides and insecticides; cleaning solvents; fertilizers; and fluorescent light tubes.
- The following items are not accepted as HHW: fireworks; smoke detectors; radioactive and medical waste; explosive materials; compressed gas cylinders; tires; and trash.
Businesses in Thousand Oaks generating small quantities of motor oil can safely dispose of it at a number of certified oil recycling centers in the area, including the following:
- AutoZone, 1774 E. Thousand Oaks Blvd., Thousand Oaks; 805-379-1257
- Discount Tire Center, 1350 Thousand Oaks Blvd., Thousand Oaks; 323-785-6699
- Conejo Valley Unocal 76, 420 E. Thousand Oaks Blvd., Thousand Oaks; 805-496-2333
- Firestone Auto Care (The Oaks), 598-A W. Hillcrest Drive, Thousand Oaks; 805-496-2611
- Firestone Complete Auto Care, 1100 E. Thousand Oaks Blvd., Thousand Oaks; 805-497-7581
- Jiffy Lube, 1695 Thousand Oaks Blvd., Thousand Oaks; 805-496-3910
- O’Reilly Auto Parts, 3111 E. Thousand Oaks Blvd., Thousand Oaks; 805-379-1892
- O’Reilly Auto Parts, 737 N. Wendy Drive, Newbury Park; 805-410-4643
- Valvoline Instant Oil Change, 2378 E. Thousand Oaks Blvd., Thousand Oaks; 805-497-4848
- Gold Coast Recycling, 5275 Colt St., Ventura; 805-642-9236
Note: Call ahead to confirm hours and service availability.