City of Westlake Village
wlv.org • 818-706-1613
Guidelines for Trash, Recycling, Yard/Organics and Food Waste
Click here to view what’s acceptable for trash, recycling, yard/organics and food waste pickup –
and what’s not acceptable.
Roll-Off and Temporary Bins
Click here for details on renting roll-off containers and temporary bins.
Commercial Services and Standards
For commercial pricing and billing questions, to start or stop commercial service, and for bin exchanges and size changes, call 805-647-1414.
- Trash and recycling bins should be ready by 7 a.m. on collection days.
- Trash is limited to what fits in the bin.
- Trash pickup may be delayed by one day on holiday weeks. (Click on the button below to view the holiday pickup schedule.)
- To report missed pickups, and to inquire about roll-off and bin rentals, call 805-647-1414.
Household Hazardous Waste Recycling
For information on how Westlake Village small-business owners can dispose of their hazardous waste, visit the Los Angeles County Public Works Department at pw.lacounty.gov
- HHW includes oil-based paints; pool and photo chemicals; pesticides and insecticides; cleaning solvents; fertilizers; and fluorescent light tubes.
- The following items are not accepted as HHW: fireworks; smoke detectors; radioactive and medical waste; explosive materials; compressed gas cylinders; tires; and trash.
Businesses in Westlake Village generating small quantities of motor oil can safely dispose of it at a number of certified oil recycling centers in the area, including the following; call ahead to confirm hours and service availability.
- Shaver Automotive Group, 3888 E. Thousand Oaks Blvd., Thousand Oaks; 805-496-7103
- Leon’s Transmission Service, 3043 E. Thousand Oaks Blvd., Thousand Oaks; 805-495-6497
- Jiffy Lube, 2905 Thousand Oaks Blvd., Thousand Oaks; 805-495-5664
- Gold Coast Recycling, 5275 Colt St., Ventura; 805-642-9236
For more recycling information, call 1-800-CLEANUP or visit earth911.com.