SERVICES IN THE
CITY OF MALIBU
E.J. Harrison & Sons is proud to have provided decades of service to our partner communities. Founded in 1932, we will soon celebrate our 90th anniversary in business.
In service to our residential and commercial customers, Harrison is responsible for the collection and processing of trash and recyclable materials, plus additional services including bulky item pickup and household hazardous waste recycling.
Every service we provide and every decision we make is based on what will best serve the environment and the community and divert materials from the landfill, particularly organic materials, which emit methane gas, a super-pollutant that contributes to climate change.
As award-winning stewards of the environment, Harrison is committed to nothing more than keeping our land, air and water clean and thriving.
City of Malibu
malibucity.org • 310-456-2489
Guidelines for Trash, Recycling and Yard Waste
Click here to view what’s acceptable for trash, recycling and yard waste pickup – and what’s not acceptable.
Roll-Off and Temporary Bins
Click here for details on renting roll-off containers and temporary bins.
Commercial Services and Standards
For commercial pricing and billing questions, to start or stop commercial service, and for bin exchanges and size changes, call 805-647-1414.
- Trash and recycling bins should be ready by 7 a.m. on collection days.
- Trash is limited to what fits in the bin.
- Trash pickup may be delayed by one day on holiday weeks. (Click on the button below to view the holiday pickup schedule.)
- To report missed pickups, and to inquire about roll-off and bin rentals, call 805-647-1414.
Household Hazardous Waste Recycling
For information on how Malibu small-business owners can dispose of their hazardous waste, visit the Los Angeles County Public Works Department at pw.lacounty.gov
- HHW includes oil-based paints; pool and photo chemicals; pesticides and insecticides; cleaning solvents; fertilizers; and fluorescent light tubes.
- The following items are not accepted as HHW: fireworks; smoke detectors; radioactive and medical waste; explosive materials; compressed gas cylinders; tires; and trash.
Businesses in Malibu generating small quantities of motor oil can safely dispose of it at a number of certified oil recycling centers in the area, including the following; call ahead to confirm hours and service availability.
- City of Malibu ABOP Collection Site, 23825 Stuart Ranch Road, Malibu; 310-456-2489
- City of Calabasas ABOP Collection Program, Calabasas; 818-224-1600
- Gold Coast Recycling, 5275 Colt St., Ventura; 805-642-9236
For more recycling information, call 1-800-CLEANUP or visit earth911.com.